PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 13)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 13)

Postby elmickio » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Just watching the Real v PSG match here and I've noticed that C. RONALDO now has highlights on top of hair. I wonder if Konami have updated this for tomorrow's DLC?

If not a lot of casuals will be pissed and probably riot or something
Nostalgic CLASSIC TEAMS OPTION FILE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SB04IHDW

Nostalgic Team EXPORT FILE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XYVXDO1N
elmickio
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: El_mickio
Twitter: @elmickio

Postby el niche » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:18 pm

Pesmunki wrote:
I've already said I'd be happy to see more, as long as it was implemented properly and not just some random number generated per game.

But as yet, no one in here has cared to offer any discussion on how the Dev's would do this. I'm all ears.

I don't know how the devs work, I do not know how the engine works, but if this has been a problem for 3+ years i think the devs should figure out how to fix it.
I dont think it should be: " the fans want something but they dont give solutions on how to fix so lets just leave it as is".

It seems to have been fine in older PES. So maybe they can start there. I'd rather they dedicate time to fix that rather than lewandowski's hair.
el niche

Postby Nik778899 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 pm

el niche wrote:
Pesmunki wrote:
I've already said I'd be happy to see more, as long as it was implemented properly and not just some random number generated per game.

But as yet, no one in here has cared to offer any discussion on how the Dev's would do this. I'm all ears.

I don't know how the devs work, I do not know how the engine works, but if this has been a problem for 3+ years i think the devs should figure out how to fix it.
I dont think it should be: " the fans want something but they dont give solutions on how to fix so lets just leave it as is".

It seems to have been fine in older PES. So maybe they can start there. I'd rather they dedicate time to fix that rather than lewandowski's hair.

Exactly.
You don't pay an electrician to re-wire your house and then if he does a bad job, explain to him in detaio how he could have done it better.

They don't have their priorities right and haven't for a long while.
Nik778899
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby miguelfcp » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 pm

Pesmunki wrote:https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2018/clubs/club=7889/statistics/index.html#/

Here's a link to Liverpool's stats for the 6 group games in the Champions League this season.

They suffered 57 fouls against in 6 games.

Average: 9.5 per game.

90 min match,

So in PES, 10 minute match we divide by 9.

And we get 1.05 fouls per game.

Which is more or less what I get on average per game.

Not saying it's good or bad, but statistically it's probably accurate for offline in a 10 mins match.

It's the same as dividing the 13 total shots on goal Liverpool had against Porto in a 90 min match, in order to come up with an ideal number of shots for a 10/15 min simulation. That ridiculously low number you'll get demonstrates how your argument makes no sense.

Creating a realistic football simulation is more than just doing the math. You have to find a way to encapsulate what you see in a 90 min. match and convert it to a 10/15 min. match without losing key parts of the simulation in the process.

Get this in your heads: unless a football simulation is able to encapsulate at least 8-10 total fouls in a 10 min. match, FORGET REALISM IN PES. Fouls are one of the more important tactical elements of modern football in the way managers all around the world use them in order to control opposition's attacks. In most matches the number of fouls is very similar to the number of shots, quite often even higher. I think I've said this before, but if I picked up any football game and finished a 10/15 min football match without a single foul awarded, that would've been the last match I played on that same game. It shows the developers have no idea of how to even begin to create a somewhat decent simulation and most of all, shows they haven't been watching real-life football for the last 30 years.
miguelfcp
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Ameobinho » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:41 pm

So apparently it’s ok to have Usain Bolt and that huge fantasy stadium but when it comes to fixing fouls we have to be REALISTIC :lol:

Is there a reason why there’s no second gameplay patch since we’ve been giving feedback since the Beta?

Where does Konami find you guys, No wonder you get rewarded by a visit to an ass kissing event where they buy out reviewers .... so cheap lolz
Ameobinho
Mascot
Mascot

Postby elmickio » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:41 am

DLC is available.

Thank God now all the players have tattoos! Make everything worthwhile
Nostalgic CLASSIC TEAMS OPTION FILE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SB04IHDW

Nostalgic Team EXPORT FILE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XYVXDO1N
elmickio
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: El_mickio
Twitter: @elmickio

Postby Forced_Reps » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:41 am

Just caught up on last nights posts, it was valentines, was out wining & dining the Mrs, gotta keep in the good books :)
PesMunki - Maybe we do agree on some of the reasons behind there not being many fouls, but for you you to post videos of 2 individual fouls in one match is ridiculous, and not a valid justification.

For a start, I have had 2 fouls in a match, I've had 3 on rare occasions and on one completely unbelievable night, when the PES God Planets aligned I even had FOUR in one match.
Four fouls in a match is still not enough, especially when its happened once in over 520 ML matches.

Look at the global stats in the game, it gives you the fouls avg over a season, mine currently stands at 0.8 - less than one single foul per match over a 38 + game season.
Your calculation of dividing the fouls count in a real match by 10 to transfer to PES does not work, its an unrealistic equation, as shown by others who have already used that same calculation to disprove it.

Fouls are an integral part of the game, they are a basic rule of the very sport PES is attempting to replicate, they give an extra tactical dimension to the game whether it be defending, or attacking fouls and the resulting free kicks.
They can be used effectively to break up play when a team is dominating possession, they just absolutely should be in, and are not.

Answer me this?

PES 5 is now 13 years old, that game was realistic, if a foul occurred it was given, matches could have anything up to 12 or more fouls per team, this didn't feel 'stop-start', it wasn't overkill, it was realistic, it gave matches an extra dimension.
Why do you think a game 13 yrs old plays more realistically than the current day game, even with all the new tech and possibilities available to devs these days?
I'll tell you why ...... because its intentional, Konami WANT there to be hardly any fouls, hardly any stoppages in play, this is how the online crowd like their football, fast, frantic, non-stop, end-to-end 'fun' - They don't want simulation.

And Konami make the game purely for online these days.
The recent #MonsterPatch did nothing, was a placebo, and why? Because Konami want the game to be online-centric.
Forced_Reps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Twitter: @PESFX

Postby Philla » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:39 am

Forced_Reps wrote:
Answer me this?

PES 5 is now 13 years old, that game was realistic, if a foul occurred it was given, matches could have anything up to 12 or more fouls per team, this didn't feel 'stop-start', it wasn't overkill, it was realistic, it gave matches an extra dimension.
Why do you think a game 13 yrs old plays more realistically than the current day game, even with all the new tech and possibilities available to devs these days?
I'll tell you why ...... because its intentional, Konami WANT there to be hardly any fouls, hardly any stoppages in play, this is how the online crowd like their football, fast, frantic, non-stop, end-to-end 'fun' - They don't want simulation.

The recent #MonsterPatch did nothing, was a placebo, and why? Because Konami want the game to be online-centric.

I can´t wait for his usual premature, naive and somehow embarassing (even for this forum as a whole) answers to come.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby Forced_Reps » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:57 am

I think PESMunki agrees with a lot of what the rest of us say, just has differing opinions on it that sometimes border on argumentative/fanboy, same with Daniel, I genuinely think hes a good lad, but all this unfounded optimism, confidence, and sheer hyperbole given to the game and Konami is just pure noise.

Anyone with any intellect at all can plainly see which direction PES is moving in, and how Konami have changed it over the last few years, and on that basis can see what things will and will not change, so 'PES 19 will be awesome, and x y and z will be sorted' is just pointless and no use to anyone, as there's no foundation to any of those repeated claims.

Philla wrote:
Forced_Reps wrote:
Answer me this?

I can´t wait for his usual premature, naive and somehow embarassing (even for this forum as a whole) answers to come.
Forced_Reps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby eL LoCo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:04 am

any info about new gameplay patch ? or just bullshit DP 3 ?
eL LoCo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Forced_Reps » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:07 am

eL LoCo wrote:any info about new gameplay patch ? or just bullshit DP 3 ?

DP3 due today is purely just Faces and legends, nothing else, no game play patch at all, anyone that says they see a change in game play after the DP is bullshitting, and its just wishful placebo.
Forced_Reps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Philla » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:10 am

Only thing that will probably happen is that my option file will be wrecked, which is much more quality than this needless DP and their idiotic legends will ever have.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby eL LoCo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:25 am

so just for me to get that straight...

this game was released in September, we got 1 Patch in November that was absolutly bullshit because no major isssues were fixed... now is mid of februar und the most people know that there is still pain in the ass with that game and they really dont lose any word for a patch while the other football game dropped already 7 patches ?

is that the whole story about that ? cant belive...
eL LoCo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Nik778899 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:27 am

eL LoCo wrote:so just for me to get that straight...

this game was released in September, we got 1 Patch in November that was absolutly bullshit because no major isssues were fixed... now is mid of februar und the most people know that there is still pain in the ass with that game and they really dont lose any word for a patch while the other football game dropped already 7 patches ?

Pretty much.
We should be thankful for that too, apparently. :roll:
Nik778899
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby Philla » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:29 am

No need for that, as it is just a few months to PES2019, which will be "sorted" and perfect. The guys at the office said that the devs and Adam are doing an outstanding job, as always.

(Just contact me via personal message, so i can tell you where the PES giveaways should be shipped to. And i would really like to see the other football athletes - with an apparent sense for chips and burgers - at the next playtesting event.)
Last edited by Philla on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby twobobpeeters » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:31 am

fouls were addressed if you listen to some on here
twobobpeeters
First Team
First Team

PSN: ookieusm

Postby Forced_Reps » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:40 am

Yep - That's pretty much it.
Doesn't it tell you something that Konami only felt the need to release one patch, and that was due to fan pressure, and didnt actually fix anything anyway, ok, admittedly it slightly improved cursor switching but that's all.
Konami and most online streamers who are Konami's puppets, all think the game is perfect.

Meanwhile....... EA release patch number 7, not for things that are so broken that it requires 7 patches to ix the game, but just to implement regular fan feedback, that they test, verify, then act upon.

The difference between how the two companies operate is night and day.
Despite what anyone thinks about FIFA, EA care about their product and are continuously refining it, Konami are happy to pump out the next version, reward anyone that says the game is perfect, criticise anyone who disagrees, and then wait a year to repeat the process.
Forced_Reps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby eL LoCo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:52 am

and there is nothing WE can do about that ?

a lot of people here are not satisfied with PES 2018... for the right reasons and a lot of people exactly know
what had to change.

that Konami deliver us such crap and even dont give any shit about fan feedback is really strange...

the goddamn new faces in DP3 dont care anybody...

#fixpes2018
eL LoCo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Philla » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:59 am

eL LoCo wrote:and there is nothing WE can do about that ?

a lot of people here are not satisfied with PES 2018... for the right reasons and a lot of people exactly know
what had to change.

that Konami deliver us such crap and even dont give any shit about fan feedback is really strange...

the goddamn new faces in DP3 dont care anybody...

#fixpes2018

Well, pretty much all channels are full of incredible negative feedback and even the most uncritic pages are now starting to lose their patience or already closed. The decline in sales since the PS3 area is speaking for itself.

Every try to create a hype is resulting in even more negativity, as Konami is sending out true amateurs instead of professional community managers.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby Nik778899 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:04 pm

Forced_Reps wrote:Konami only felt the need to release one patch, and that was due to fan pressure

I think that’s a key point.
Nik778899
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion